Friday 15 December 2023
Cygnet Hospital Bury is a leading mental health service that specialises in offering high-quality care to individuals with complex mental health needs. We are dedicated to providing a safe, secure, and therapeutic environment for a broad array of service users.
We are currently seeking a Ward Manager (RMN/RNLD) who embodies passion, expertise, and dedication to join our team on a full time basis (40 hours per week, Monday to Friday)
The successful candidate will oversee the day-to-day operations of one of our Medium Secure Personality Disorder Services. They will require a deep understanding of forensic mental health services and the ability to manage complex cases, navigate challenges, and exhibit strong clinical leadership within a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrating and upholding the highest standards of nursing care, serving as an exemplary role model to junior staff by showcasing best practices in patient care, empathy, and professional conduct.
- Oversee and coordinate all clinical activities within the ward, ensuring effective collaboration and communication between different clinical departments.
- Facilitate multidisciplinary team meetings to ensure that clinical strategies are aligned, and patient care plans are coordinated and consistent.
- Regularly review and update policies and procedures to ensure they are in line with best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor and audit the adherence of staff to established policies, procedures, and regulations, providing guidance and support to ensure full compliance.
- Organize and facilitate regular debrief sessions, appraisals, and training to offer support and guidance to staff members, addressing challenges and promoting continuous professional development.
- Lead by example to ensure that consistently high standards of clinical care and documentation are maintained throughout the ward.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- NHS & employee discount scheme
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- Bespoke career pathways
- Plus much more
The successful applicant will have:
- Extensive experience in a forensic mental health service, specifically in a medium secure setting, demonstrating a deep understanding of the unique challenges and requirements in this environment.
- A proven track record of successfully managing complex cases and navigating challenges within forensic mental health settings.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and effectively oversee day-to-day operations within the Ward, showcasing efficiency and effective decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated experience in managing variable social dynamics within a medium secure Personality Disorder service, maintaining a therapeutic environment while addressing challenges.
- Strong clinical leadership skills to ensure the delivery of high-quality care and effective treatment plans within the Service.
- Genuine passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to working with individuals who have a personality disorder, fostering a compassionate and supportive environment.
Cygnet has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
If you possess the necessary skills, knowledge, and a genuine passion for supporting individuals with personality disorders, we invite you to apply for this rewarding opportunity by clicking 'Apply' or alternatively emailing LouisBrown@Cygnethealth.co.uk
To see detailed information about this location please click here
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the button to apply.