About The Role
ADD TO LIFE. EVERY LIFE
Treat more than just symptoms and develop more than just your clinical skills
Secure environments are one of the most challenging, yet rewarding places for healthcare professionals to work. If you’re looking for a role where you can develop your existing nursing skills and learn something new every day in an environment that never stands still, then this could be the opportunity for you.
As a Primary Care Nurse you’ll be an integral part of the healthcare team at HMP Onley by bringing you clinical skills and passion for care. You could be involved in anything from developing and leading clinics, undertaking examinations and tests as well as answering emergency bells and potentially being the first person to attend an emergency.
This is a full timerole working 37.5 hours per week. We also welcome part-time applications.
As a Primary Care Nurse (RGN) you’ll be an integral part of the healthcare team by bringing your clinical skills and passion for care.
Interested in clinical development?
We have a wide range of opportunities for you to develop your skills and your career, which include both internal and external options for development and learning and access to our apprenticeship schemes.
How will we support you?
• Bespoke induction, including our Introducing Health in Justice training course
• Competency framework
• Regional and national career development opportunities
• Our bespoke Learning Management System to address your learning needs
• Support from the wider team
You’ll receive an annual salary up to £38,115 per annum - depending on experience.
It doesn’t stop there… we also offer:
- Company pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave increasing with service up to 28 days per year, pluspublic bank holidays
- An extensive range of wellbeing and lifestyle benefits
- Discounts on shopping and leisure activities
- Support to grow in your role and continue your professional development
- Excellent long-term career prospects
- 24/7 employee assistance helpline and financial assistance when you need it
HM Prison Onley is a Category C men's training prison with an operational capacity of 710 prisoners. HMP Onley is based next to HMP Rye Hill and is located in the village of Barby, Northamptonshire. The site is situated just over 5 miles south of Rugby and 5 miles north of Daventry with good transport links from Coventry and Northampton
The dedicated team in the Health in Justice division of Practice Plus Group make a real difference across over 45 prisons, young offenders and immigration removal centres.
We’re the UK’s leading independent provider of NHS services to over 40,000 people in these secure environments, always putting their needs first, regardless of their history.
Practice Plus Group’s mission is Access to Excellence. Our core values are;
- we treat patients and each other as we would like to be treated,
- we act with integrity
- we embrace diversity
- we strive to do things better together
- patients can only access excellence if we commit to living our values in everything we do when we’re at work
If you share these values and have transferable skills we want to meet you!
Please note that offers of employment are subject to Practice Plus Group Terms & Conditions and receipt of satisfactory references, an enhanced DBS check and prison vetting.
Practice Plus Group is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
To find out more or to apply for this role please click on the APPLY button.