PCM Trials is a decentralized clinical trial company with presence across the US, Canada, UK and Italy. We specialise in providing in-home visits for clinical study participation in order to reduce the burden on patients and improve access to clinical research. This in turn improves patient outcomes and the ability to bring new treatments to market for high unmet needs.
The Certified Mobile Research Nurse (CMRN) is a Registered Nursing ad-hoc/PRN position for PCM Trials. A PCM Trials CMRN is responsible for setting appointments within the required visitation window to complete mobile visits for study participants. You’ll work cooperatively with Clinical Project Managers, Coordinators, and site personnel to complete visits and submit accurate source documentation.
We are looking for Registered Nurses (both adult and paediatric) who can competently perform the following skills during a mobile visit:
- Limited Physical Assessment, ECGs and vital signs
- Venepuncture and blood draws
- Administration of IMP, which may include either oral administration, subcutaneous injections or infusions drugs
- Port and PICC access for the purposes of blood draws and/or IMP administration
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience as a Registered Nurse (RN) (paediatric or adult registration required)
- Two (2) years' experience in starting and performing Venepuncture and Phlebotomy, IVs, and Subcutaneous Injections (date of last practice within 6 months)
- Current competency in venepuncture, blood draws and PORT/PICC access is required
- One (1) year of experience collecting vital signs, ECG, urine samples, and performing urine pregnancy tests
- Must have and maintain a current, unrestricted NMC PIN
- Skilled at collecting accurate, detailed patient records including documentation of medical history and medication charting
- Excellent observational, verbal, written communication, and problem-solving skills
- Must have and maintain a current CPR certification
- Must have and maintain a current vaccination record
- Full, clean driving license with access to own vehicle is strongly preferred
- An ability to speak other languages to a professional/fluent level would be an advantage but is not required
- Gain Certified Mobile Research Nurse (CMRN) training certification inclusive of ICH-GCP standards
- Centrifuge and essential equipment use training
- Be a member of our general staffing pool with opportunity to work on a range of clinical trials
- No research experience required, on the job training provided
- Contribute to advancements of truly life changing treatments
We pay £36 per hour for in-home visits. We also pay £18 per hour for your commuting time, plus mileage and reasonable expenses. You will also be paid for your mandatory training. This is an employed role subject to PAYE.