Junior Sister/Charge Nurse – Cardiology
London, London Bridge Hospital
Full Time 37.5hrs
Salary: Competitive + 9% shift enhancement
We’re looking for a Junior Sister/Charge Nurse with cardiology experience to join our Cardiology Department at London Bridge Hospital, currently rated “Outstanding” by the CQC. Regarded as one of the leading cardiovascular centres in the UK, our cardiology department carry out a wide range of cardiac procedures such as: Angiogram, Angioplasty, PPM insertions, Radiofrequency ablations, TAVI, CABG, Heart Valve Surgeries, Aortic aneurysm repairs.
As a Junior Sister/Charge Nurse within the Cardiology Department we’ll look to you to lead from the front, supporting your team to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of specialist care. You’ll be a role model for our values, ensuring all your patients physical and emotional needs are met while using your expert leadership skills to coach, mentor and engage with your team. The post holder will contribute to research-based care and other practice development initiatives such as recording and interpreting ECG as well as care for patients with chest drains, Epidural PCA and Femoral sheath removal
At HCA UK we care about what you care about. We care that you want to deliver the very best care. We care that you want a career you can be proud of. We care that you want working conditions that support your health and wellbeing. Let us care for you and your career, the same way you do for others.
What you’ll bring:
- Registered General Nurse with full NMC registration.
- Leadership/mentoring experience.
- Experience in the field of Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology and/or Cardiothoracic surgery.
- Ability to recognise cardiac rhythms.
- Excellent communication skills with good time management skills and the ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team.
Why HCA UK?
Originally founded over 50 years ago by Dr Thomas Frist, HCA has gone on to become one of the world’s leading healthcare providers. In the UK, we’re one of the largest providers of privately funded healthcare and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques, medication and facilities. Being part of a large multisite, established healthcare group we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression through internal and external courses, as well as working conditions that prioritise both your mental and physical wellbeing.
We believe that by caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. As a Junior Sister/Charge Nurse in our Cardiology department you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday each year (plus bank holidays) increasing with service, with option to buy or sell leave to suit you
- Private Healthcare Insurance for treatment at our leading hospitals
- Private pension contribution which increases with length of service
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work scheme
- Group Life Assurance from day one
- Critical illness cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Corporate staff discount for all facilities including Maternity packages at The Portland
- Comprehensive range of flexible health, protection and lifestyle benefits to suit you
- Discounts with over 800 major retailers
Diversity and Inclusion
Patients first. Colleagues always. That’s the guiding philosophy behind our approach to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and for each other. By working together with our colleagues we’re creating a truly inclusive environment, where individual differences are celebrated and everyone can achieve their potential.
We believe everyone should feel comfortable to bring their full self to work and be afforded the same opportunities. That’s why we’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements to suit your needs as well as offer reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, and in the workplace, to anyone that needs them.