Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (SABP) is building a new Mental Health Inpatient Service in Chertsey, Surrey; Silverwood will contain four adult inpatient wards and is due to open in Autumn 2024. The new unit will help achieve our ambition to transform inpatient mental health care for our local population.
The new unit will provide 64 beds all with single ensuite rooms, two lounges and a dedicated garden for each ward, as well as a woodland area for supervised walks.
For our colleagues working here, there will be access to kitchenettes, a lounge, and a dedicated garden. There will also be an education suite with state-of-the-art digital equipment.
This role is a fantastic and exciting opportunity to be part of a new service providing excellent care to our patients within a state-of-the-art facility. You’ll work with experienced, knowledgeable, dedicated colleagues as part of a multi-disciplinary team. We are developing new ways of working and want you to be part of the team to provide effective assessment, treatment, and high-quality care to our patients.
Main duties of the job:
- Assist the Ward Manager in ensuring that defined roles and responsibilities are coordinated within the team on a continuous basis.
- Support the Ward Manager to ensure that the team nursing system operates effectively.
- Ensure, in co-operation with the Ward Manager, that risk assessments, care plans are regularly reviewed, appropriately modified, and updated.
- Provide professional nursing advice to other team staff and other professionals.
- Provide management support to staff through appraisal, supervision and continuing professional development.
We strive to offer a great work life balance - if you are looking for full time, part time or flexible options, we will try to make this work where operationally possible.
Surrey is a beautiful county lying just 30 minutes away from Central London and from the South Coast. Our historic market towns and bustling districts are enveloped in wonderful countryside, and our excellent road and rail networks bring the rest of the country within easy reach. For international travel, both Gatwick and Heathrow airports are nearby.
There’s a £3,000 Golden Hello PLUS a Recruitment and Retention Premia is available with this role, further details provided at offer stage. Relocation Package available subject to eligibility.
Closing date: 31 December 2023